Well hello! It’s been a long, long time, hasn’t it? I’ve been awfully busy. I’ve just finished up a 10-day trip from Alice Springs, NT to Melbourne, VIC, and boy was it a corker. I’ve never used “corker” in my life. I must be more tired than I thought.
The trip was another G Adventures one, just like the one I did from Sydney to Brisbane at the start of my east coast trip, but the difference was that this one involved a lot of desert, sand and flies. Here’s a quick run down of what I got up to each day:
- Anzac Hill
- Flying Doctors Visitors Centre
- Exploring Alice Springs
- Exploring West Macdonnell Ranges just outside of Alice Springs
- Swimming in Ellery Creek Big Hole
- Driving to Uluru!
Ellery Creek Big Hole, West MacDonnell Ranges
Sunset at Uluru
- Getting up at 5am to see the sunrise over Uluru
- Doing the Valley of the Winds walk at Kata Tjuta
- Exploring the base of Uluru and visiting the Aboriginal cultural centre
Hiking at Kata Tjuta
- Long drive to Coober Pedy
- Opal mine tour
- Visiting a kangaroo sanctuary (and meeting Bella, the magical cancer-detecting kangaroo!)
- Sleeping underground in an old opal mine (probably the single worst thing I’ve ever subjected myself to…)
Sophie the 5-month-old joey!
- Driving to Flinders Ranges and the town of Quorn
- Dusk walk at Warren Gorge to see kangaroos and wallabies
- Salt Lake
- Driving to Adelaide, stopping off at Laura and Melrose
- Winds tasting at Clare Valley
- Big night out with the group on Hindley Street!
- Exploring Adelaide – including Rundle Street Mall and the Adelaide Fringe
- Grampians National Park
- McKenzie Falls
- Staying the night at Halls Gap
McKenzie Falls, Grampians NP
- Grampians NP Pinnacle Look Out hike – starting at 6am!
- Port Campbell
- Bay Of Islands exploring
- Loch Ard Gorge
- 12 Apostles (of which there are only 7…)
- Apollo Bay
- Exploring the rainforest at Great Otway National Park
Great Otway NP